Saturday, August 2, 2014

Ayutthaya

For reasons that don't need to be explained, my week long trip to Thailand before heading home is now a solo one. In order to ease the minds of those who care I booked all my hotels in nicer areas, bought some 3G for my phone, and promised to keep in contact.

I am in Bangkok until Aug 4 so I decided to book a couple tours outside of the city through my hotel because I would gladly prefer fresh air and nature to the bustling Bangkok atmosphere.

Today, Aug 2, I took a half day tour in Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand. It's about an hour and a half out of the city and full of temples, elephants, and rivers.  My tour consisted of 2 temples, some elephants, a loonngggg boat ride, a night time temple visit, and a huge Thai dinner. Needless to say it was wonderful even though I was with a giant group of Germans and Koreans all I whom kept to themselves.

































xoxo