Tuesday, July 15, 2014

4th of July at the Embassy

On the 5th of July (the 4th was a Friday) the US Embassy through an all American celebration.  It was so bizarre because it felt so much like home! There were American flag themed decorations everywhere, a band playing American music and songs you woul here on Main Street in Disneyland, Dairy Queen, BBQ, KFC and of course free draft beer.  There was a dunk tank, face painting, clowns, water balloons and Marines. It was basically amazing.  This is the second 4th of July in a row I haven't been in America.  As most of you know I'm not the most patriotic person but something about the 4th makes me incredibly homesick.  To spare you the sad details, it makes me miss family BBQs by the pool and my late Tata.  But this year with a plate of pulled pork nachos in one hand, a beer in the other, and friends by my side I enjoyed the holiday.



Laura and Jin being honorary Amercans for the day



Chillin with the Michelle and Barrack


Pulled pork nachos aka heaven!

The Marines before they were bombarded with star struck Cambodian women asking for pictures.

'Murica

The US Diplomat, of course I blinked...


Circus folk

I promise to make an effort to post more during these last couple weeks I have in Cambodia!

xoxo